Wednesday, August 25, 2010

And AWAY we go!

I can't even begin to tell you guys how excited I am to finally be geting away, even though its only for a short 4 day long weekend. Robert and I are going to Washington, DC. Yay!!! I've never been. He's been but it was a long time ago!

Oh and did I mention we aren't taking the girls with us?! Yep, a trip without the girls. I'm not sure how to react to that. The last time Robert and I went alone on a trip was when Arianna was 2 1/2 months (she really didn't have a personality then, but both have them now) and we went to Florida for 3 short days. Since then, we've taken Arianna and now Avonlea everywhere we go. Well any ways, Robert and I are so ready for this much needed break away. I will miss the girls, but we need some 'us' time.

We've been married 7 years peoples and we haven't even taken a trip alone. We've gone on our dates and have left them overnight at my mom's or in-laws, but never more than then an overnighter. It's almost a test for me...good thing it's only 4 days I guess. I may get emotional.

So things we are looking forward to doing:

*Holocaust Museum-wierd I know, but I've dreamed of going to this place foreva! I have a crazy facination with this story and the history of it all.
*Tour of capitol and all the monuments
*Food and Dining-if you know of a place we've just got to go too, please let me know.
*Restoring Hope Rally-At first I was a little unsure about this, but I'm actually looking forward to hearing speakers such as Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin. This is an all day event at the mall. I'm sure it will be all over the news.
*Shopping-Saks Fifth Avenue (which I know I can't afford, but I want to see it anyways), and all the local shops
*Friends-Meeting some friends for lunch/dinner at Old Towne Alexandria and just walking around the cute shops.

Now we only get so many days so we'll be trying to pack a lot of stuff in. Please tell me though, if you've been, and what places we've just got to see. Any suggestions??? We've never been so we have no clue where to go. I did some research and know of only certain places.

No comments:

Post a Comment