Thursday, September 1, 2011

10 Day you Challenge-4 Books



4 Books that I've read, haven't read or have enjoyed?! I chose 4 books I've read that I would love to pass along to you. There are actually several. I'm not an avid reader as I should and wish to be. I truly wish I had more time, but I haven't really made the time. I need to get back into it!

1. I really enjoyed this one when I was younger. Sooo good! I couldn't put it down! It's a great read and funny too. There's a movie too that followed it. I still own the copy.


2. All of the Anne of Green Gables book series. Of course! This was probably one of my favorites as well growing up. I mean for goodness sakes, I named my child after the Anne of Avonlea book and spell it the same. They're such wonderful classic books that I'll make sure I pass on to my daughters. I own the whole series and several of the movies too! I used to want to be Anne. :)


3. I'm in love with Karen Kingsbury and would like to own ALL.HER.BOOKS. Her writing is phenominal and her books really make you look at your life differently. She's a Christian writer and several of her books have become movies. Their that good (example-Like Dandelion Dust, Ever After, Even Now, A Thousand Tomorrows, etc...)! Her books honestly give you hope in life. If you haven't read her books, I would highly recommend it. This one was my very first Karen Kingsbury reads. A Time to Dance. A great great love story. This book made me look at me and Robert's marriage differently.

A Time To Dance (Timeless Love Series #1)

4. One that I would strongly recommend for all marriages and parents too:

This has helped Robert and I understand each other and what our needs are. This book helps you learn what your spouses love language is. It reveals how to express love to your spouse the way they want to see it. There are five: Quality Time, Words of Affirmation, Gifts, Acts of Service and Physical Touch. What speaks a lot to you may be meaningless to your spouse. This book gives you understanding towards each others needs. Read it if you haven't! When I say parents, it's because you need to know what love language your child is seeking too. I definitely want to give Arianna and Avonlea the love they need. I don't want them seeking it elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment