Monday, March 21, 2011

Tom King-5k

Just a few Saturday's ago, March 12th, I ran the Gupton Dodge Tom King 5k. The weather was absolutely fabulous! For those who don't know what a 5k is, it's 3.1 miles. One of my 'many' goals is to do at least 4-5 5ks this year in order to stay fit. This was my first one of the year.

Two friends, Abbey and Emily (my running buddy) joined me.
Here I am at the start line. Abbey was making fun of me because I stood at the front with the fast paced road runners...like the 6 minute miler speedy gonzales ya know. She kept saying, you can't stand there and I said, 'watch me'. I stood at the front with those fast runners and didn't care because I knew they'd pass me any ways. I wouldn't slow them down. Sorry you speedies. I wanted up front so I wouldn't be starting like 10 minutes later!!!
And away we gooooo....... if I knew how to do the little trick of writing on the pictures I would write on this one below. You see how everyone is running around us and I'm smiling so big..whateva! I know you can't really tell, but I was. But look where I'd be standing if I didn't stand in the front ya'll! Way past that stop sign. I wasn't going to do it. I was not going to stand all the way in the back with those 'slow' runners. hahaha...because I'm so fast. <---you guys know i'm just sayin' that because I'm really not.
and well here I am all excited and stuff to finally be crossing the finish line inside the stadium (which was actually pretty cool) and BEING DONE. REALLY!!! How the crap did I even run a 1/2 marathon!!?? I almost puked at the end of this one...for reals. If you guys only knew what I was thinking.
I had to literally sit down once I crossed the finish line because I started getting all dizzy and stuff. Of course prior to this I hadn't ran in like forever! It had been over 2 weeks since my last practice. Any ways, it got done and I finished in 28.40 minutes.

I'm beginning my practice runs for my next one which takes place on Mule day-April 2nd!!! Yep, can't wait to get that t-shirt. :)

Mule day-stanky day, whatever you want to call it...hea I come! Who wants to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment